Learn how to eliminate bottlenecks and optimize development value steams in this 2-day SAFe® DevOps training to create continuous on-demand delivery along a SAFe® Continuous Delivery Pipeline.
This two-day SAFe® training provides a comprehensive overview for understanding the DevOps competencies needed to accelerate time-to-market by improving the flow of value through the Continuous Delivery Pipeline. Attendees will map the current value stream through their delivery pipeline from idea to cash, and identify practices that will eliminate bottlenecks to flow. The course will build an understanding of the complete flow of value from Continuous Exploration to Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, and Release on Demand. Attendees will explore SAFe’s CALMR (Culture, Automation, Lean, Measure, Recover) approach to DevOps, which helps create a culture of shared responsibility for the full spectrum of Solution delivery. It helps align people, processes, and technology throughout the organization to achieve faster time-to-market.
Attendees will leave with the tools they need to execute an implementation plan for improving their delivery pipeline, and the knowledge they need to support the plan. The course also prepares students for the optional SAFe® 4 DevOps Practitioner (SDP) certification exam.
- Introducing DevOps
- Recording your Continuous Delivery Pipeline
- Alignment to a Continuous Requirement Engineering
- Using Continuous Integration to improve quality
- Shorten Time2Market through Continuous Deployment
- Quickly generate Business Value through Release on Demand
- Taking responsibility for the entire process
The following groups of people benefit from this SAFe® DevOps training:
- All members of an agile Release Train
- Development Manager, Engineering Manager
- Configuration Manager, Release Manager
- Development Manager, Developer, UI/UX Developer
- Infrastructure Architect, System Architect
- Product Manager, Product Owners
- System Administrators, DBAs, InfoSec
- QA Manager, Tester
- Release Train Engineers, Scrum Masters
None. All are welcome to attend the course without prior DevOps or SAFe experience.
- SAFe® 5 Certified DevOps Practitioner PDF Certificate
- SAFe® 5 Certified DevOps Practitioner digital badge to promote your skills online
- One year of membership in the SAFe® Community Platform, which provides access to the SP Community of Practice (CoP)
- Access to Meetup Groups and Events linking you to other SAFe® Certified Professionals
- A variety of resources to support your SAFe® way of learning
- Annual Renewal: Certifications expire after one year. Renewal Cost: $100
- Name: SAFe® 5 DevOps Practitioner Exam
- Format: Multiple choice, multiple response
- Method: Web-based (single browser), Closed Book, no external help, time limited
- Access: Participants will be registered with the SAI after the KEGON training. You will be given access to the SAFe® Community Platform and online exam
- Language: English
- Time frame: 30 days
- Duration: 90 minutes
- Number of exam questions: 45
- Passing Score: 33 of 45 questions (73%)
- Cost: The first exam attempt is part of the course fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retry costs $50
- Retry rule: The second attempt (first retry) can be done immediately after the first attempt. The third attempt requires a waiting period of 10 days. The fourth attempt requires a waiting period of 30 days.
If you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
Participants are eligible to use 15 PDUs to meet the Project Management Institute (PMI) training requirements for PMP, PgMP and PMI-ACP certificates.Through the Scrum Alliance, participants are eligible to claim Category C SEUs to receive or renew their CSP.
Activity Number: SAFeDevOps
Duration: 2 days
|PMP ||13.50 ||1.25 ||0.25 ||15.00 |
|PgMP ||13.50 ||1.25 ||0.25 ||15.00 |
|PMI_RMP ||0.00 ||1.25 ||0.25 ||1.50 |
|PMI_SP ||0.00 ||1.25 ||0.25 ||1.50 |
|PMI_ACP ||13.50 ||1.25 ||0.25 ||15.00 |
|PfMP ||0.00 ||1.25 ||0.25 ||1.50 |
|PMI_PBA ||0.00 ||1.25 ||0.25 ||1.50 |