SAFe® Lean Portfolio Management is a two-day interactive course that includes an optional one-day “Getting Started with LPM” workshop.
In this course, attendees will gain the practical tools and techniques necessary to implement the Lean Portfolio Management functions of Strategy and Investment Funding, Agile Portfolio Operations, and Lean Governance.
Participants in the course will have the opportunity to capture the current and future state of their portfolio with the Portfolio Canvas tool and identify important business initiatives for achieving the portfolio vision. Participants will be able to establish portfolio flow with the Portfolio Kanban and prioritize epics for maximum economic benefit. The course also provides insights on how to establish Value Stream Budgets and Lean Budget Guardrails and measure the Lean portfolio performance.
The following individuals will benefit from this SAFe® training:
• Executives and Leaders (CIOs, CEOs, CFOs, CTOs and VPs)
• Enterprise Architects
• Product Managers and Solution Managers
• Business Unit Managers
• Program Office Personnel
• SPCs and Enterprise Agile Coaches
• Human Resources
• Epic Owners
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following recommendations will make the training more significantly more productive.
- Familiarity with Agile concepts and principles
- Attended Leading SAFe or SAFe PO/PM course
- Experience working in a SAFe environment
Attendees who pass the certification exam will receive:
- SAFe Lean Portfolio Manager certificate
- SAFe Lean Portfolio Manager digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- A one-year certified membership as a SAFe 5 Lean Portfolio Manager, which includes access to the LPM Community of Practice
- A SAFe Lean Portfolio Manager certification usage guide with LPM certification marks
- Access to a variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during their SAFe journey
- Annual Renewal:
- Membership without certification: $195
- Membership with certification: $295 incl. all certificates obtained to date (except SPC)
Exam name: SAFe Lean Portfolio Manager Exam
Exam format: Multiple choice; Multiple select
Exam delivery: Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
Exam access: Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the Lean Portfolio Management course
Exam cost: First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $50.
Exam Duration: Once the exam begins, candidates have 120 minutes (2 hours) to complete the exam
Number of Questions: 60
Passing Score: 42 out of 60 (70%)
Retake policy: Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait.
For further questions please contact support(at)scaledagile.com.
Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
Participants are entitled to use 24 PDUs to meet the Project Management Institute (PMI) training requirements for PMP, PgMP and PMI-ACP certificates. Through the Scrum Alliance, participants are entitled to claim SEUs under Category C to maintain or renew their CSP.
Activity Number: SAFe LPM
PMI Assigned PDU Claim Code: 4446KOP5D4
Duration: 2 days
|PMP ||3.00 || || ||3.00 |
|PgMP ||8.00 || || ||8.00 |
|PMI_RMP ||8.00 || || ||8.0 |
|PMI_SP ||6.00 || || ||6.00 |
|PMI_ACP ||6.00 || || ||6.00 |
|PfMP ||10.00 || || || |
|PMI_PBA ||4.00 ||4.0 ||10.0 || |
| Duration: 3 days ||Technical ||Leadership ||Strategic |
|PMI Certification ||6.0 ||3.0 ||6.0 |
|Project Management (PMP®) ||3.0 || || |
|Program Management (PgMP®) ||8.0 || || |
|Portfolio Management (PfMP®) ||10.0 || || |
|Business Analytics (PMI_PBA®) ||4.0 ||4.0 ||10.0 |
|Agile (PMI_ACP®) ||6.0 || || |
|Risk Management (PMI_RMP®) ||8.0 || || |
|Scheduling (PMI_SP®) ||6.0 || || |
|PMI_ACP® ||6.0 || || |
- Duration of training: 3 days
- Level / Difficulty: Advanced
- Certification: Yes
- Lunch included: Yes
- Also possible as in-house training: Yes
- Payment methods: invoice, paypal, credit card