In this 2-day SAFe® training you will learn how to assume the role of SAFe® Product Owner/ Product Manager in a Lean-Agile company and how to manage backlogs and large SAFe® programs. In addition, you will learn about the specific tools and mechanisms to generate the most effective value chain possible.
Develop the skillsets needed to guide the delivery of value in a Lean enterprise—and learn about the activities, tools, and mechanics used to manage backlogs and programs—by becoming a SAFe® 4 Product Owner/Product Manager (POPM). During this two-day course, attendees will gain an in-depth understanding of the Agile Release Train (ART), how it delivers value, and what they can do to effectively perform their role.
They will also learn how to apply Lean thinking to write Epics, break them down into Features and Stories, plan and execute Iterations, and plan Program Increments. Finally, attendees learn about the Continuous Delivery Pipeline and DevOps culture, how to effectively integrate as Product Owners and Product Managers, and what it takes to relentlessly improve the ART.
SAFe® Product Owner / Product Manager Training Content:
- Applying SAFe in the Lean enterprise
- Relating a Lean-Agile Mindset to the Product Owner and Product Manager roles
- Collaborating with Lean Portfolio Management
- Continuously explore customer needs
- Executing the Program Increment
- Defining the Product Owner/Product Manager roles and responsibilities
- Creating a Product Owner/Product Manager action plan
The following individuals will benefit from this SAFe® Product Owner / Product Manager training:
- Product Managers, Product Line Managers, Product Owners, Business Owners, and Business Analysts
- Solution Managers, Portfolio Managers, Program Managers, PMO personnel, and Process Leads
- Enterprise, Solution, and System Architects
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience.
However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended:
- Attend a Leading SAFe® course
- Experience working in a SAFe environment
- Experience with Lean, Agile, or other relevant certifications
SAFe® 5 SAFe Product Owner/ Product Manager Certification includes:
- SAFe 5 Certified SAFe® Product Owner/Product Manager PDF Certificate
- SAFe 5 Certified SAFe® Product Owner/Product Manager Digital Badge to promote your skills online
- One year of membership in the SAFe® Community PlatformAccess to Meetup Groups and events that connect you with other SAFe® Certified Professionals
- A variety of resources to support your SAFe® way of learning
- Membership without certification: $195
- Membership with certification: $295 incl. all certificates obtained to date (except SPC)
Name: SAFe 5 SAFe® Product Owner/ Product Manager Exam
Format: Multiple choice, multiple response
Method: Web-based (single browser), Closed Book, no external help, time limited
Access: Participants will be registered with SAI after KEGON has conducted the training. You will be given access to the SAFe Community Platform and online exam.
Time: 30 days
Duration: 90 minutes
Number of exam questions: 45
Passing Score: 35 of 45 questions (77%)
Cost: The first exam attempt is part of the course fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retry costs $50.
Retry policy: The second attempt (first retry) can be done immediately after the first attempt. The third attempt requires a waiting period of 10 days. The fourth attempt requires a waiting period of 30 days.
If you have questions, please contact email@example.com.
Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
Participants are eligible to use 15 PDUs to meet the Project Management Institute (PMI) training requirements for PMP, PgMP and PMI-ACP certificates.Through the Scrum Alliance, participants are eligible to claim SEUs under Category C to receive or renew their CSP.
Activity Number: SAFePOPM
Duration: 2 days
|PMP ||10.50 ||3.00 ||1.50 ||15.00 |
|PgMP ||10.50 ||3.00 ||1.50 ||15.00 |
|PMI_RMP ||0.00 ||3.00 ||1.50 ||4.50 |
|PMI_SP ||0.00 ||3.00 ||1.50 ||4.50 |
|PMI_ACP ||10.50 ||3.00 ||1.50 ||15.00 |
|PfMP ||0.00 ||3.00 ||1.50 ||4.50 |
|PMI_PBA ||0.00 ||3.00 ||1.50 ||4.50 |
- Duration of training: 2 days
- Level / Difficulty: Advanced
- Certification: Yes
- Lunch included: Yes
- Also possible as in-house training: Yes
- Payment methods: invoice, Paypal, credit card