In this 2-day SAFe® training you will learn how to take on the role of SAFe® Scrum Masters in Lean-Agile companies, how to form and lead agile teams, and how to generate maximum business value with the help of SAFe® practices and methods.
In this two-day training, attendees will gain an understanding of the role of a Scrum Master in a SAFe enterprise. Unlike traditional Scrum Master training that focuses on the fundamentals of team-level Scrum, the SAFe Scrum Master course explores the role of the Scrum Master in the context of the entire enterprise, and prepares attendees to successfully plan and execute the Program Increment (PI), the primary enabler of alignment throughout all levels of a SAFe organization. This includes learning the key components of Agile at scale development, how Scrum is facilitated throughout the enterprise, and how to execute Iteration Planning.
Attendees will also discover how to build high performing Agile teams by becoming a servant leader and coach, and how to coach those teams to deliver the maximum business value at scale. SAFe 4 Scrum Master (SSM) certification signifies that people are prepared to perform the role of Scrum Master in a SAFe environment, increasing their value to teams and organizations that are implementing SAFe.
SAFe® Scrum Master Training Content:
- Introducing Scrum in SAFe®
- Characterizing the role of the Scrum Master
- Experiencing Program Increment planning
- Facilitating Iteration execution
- Finishing the Program Increment
- Coaching the agile team
The following individuals will benefit from this SAFe® training:
- New Scrum Masters who need to perform the role
- Existing Scrum Masters who would like to understand their role in the context of a SAFe® enterprise
- Team Leads who want to understand the Scrum Master role
- SAFe® Release Train Engineers who want to coach Scrum Masters on their role
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience.
However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended:
- Familiarity with Agile concepts and principles
- Awareness of Scrum, Kanban, and eXtreme Programming (XP)
- Working knowledge of software and hardware development processes
The certification includes:
- SAFe 5 Certified SAFe® Scrum Master PDF Certificate
- SAFe 5 Certified SAFe® Scrum Master Digital Badge to promote your skills online
- One year of membership in the SAFe® Community Platform
- Access to Meetup Groups and events that connect you with other SAFe® Certified Professionals
- A variety of resources to support your SAFe® way of learning
- Membership without certification: $195
- Membership with certification: $295 incl. all certificates obtained to date (except SPC)
- Name: SAFe 5 SAFe® Scrum Master Exam
- Format: Multiple choice, multiple responseMethod: Web-based (single browser), Closed Book, no external help, time limited
- Access: Participants will be registered with the SAI after KEGON has conducted the training. You will be given access to the SAFe® Community Platform and online exam.
- Language: English
- Time frame: 30 days
- Duration: 90 minutes
- Number of exam questions: 45
- Passing Score: 33 of 45 questions (73%)
- Cost: The first exam attempt is part of the course fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of completion of the course. Each retry costs $50.
- Retry rule: The second attempt (first retry) can be done immediately after the first attempt. The third attempt requires a waiting period of 10 days. The fourth attempt requires a waiting period of 30 days.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
Participants are eligible to use 15 PDUs to meet the Project Management Institute (PMI) training requirements for PMP, PgMP and PMI-ACP certificates.Through the Scrum Alliance, participants are eligible to claim SEUs under Category C to receive or renew their CSP.
Activity Number: SAFeScrumMaster
Duration: 2 days
|PMP ||12.00 ||2.25 ||0.75 ||15.00 |
|PgMP ||12.00 ||2.25 ||0.75 ||15.00 |
|PMI_RMP ||0.00 ||2.25 ||0.75 ||3.00 |
|PMI_SP ||0.00 ||2.25 ||0.75 ||3.00 |
|PMI_ACP ||12.00 ||2.25 ||0.75 ||15.00 |
|PfMP ||0.00 ||2.25 ||0.75 ||3.00 |
|PMI_PBA ||0.00 ||2.25 ||0.75 ||3.00 |
- Duration of training: 2 days
- Level / Difficulty: Beginner
- Certification: Yes
- Lunch included: Yes
- Also possible as in-house training: Yes
- Payment methods: Invoice, Paypal, Credit card